Well, I am entirely irritated with this blog right about now. I went to change my Christmas background and have ever since been unable to get a normal layout with the blog. My picture is gone, my blog links are stuck at the bottom as is my profile and I have searched the internet for answers but have had no luck so far. This irks me to no end. This has got to be something so simple and I cannot figure it out, so if anyone has the answers I need, please help a mama out! I've got enough going on right now. I need a cooperative blog! Really. In the meantime, I will just post as usual and try to grin and bear the fact that the blog doesn't look the way I want it to. Argh!
Let me just say that I am oh so very tired. We have had quite a little week here. This will be one of those posts with no pictures, but plenty to see. I started out with a chiropractor appointment on Monday where Micah and I both got adjusted. Micah has just been so whiny and crying all the time lately and it's been getting on my ever livin' nerves! She was colicky when she was a baby and so she has the propensity to get it even still. Later that evening, however, she was throwing up. It was unusual the way she was, so I chalked it up to the adjustment and the Dr. confirmed it probably was.
The next day was Tuesday and Tim and I went to see Wicked with Phil and Shelley for our anniversary. Yay! I was so excited. I put the kids down for naps at Erin's house, the boys got a ride there after school and Ruthie picked them up around 5 to take them home to feed them dinner. After that, dad came over and took over so Ruthie and Dave could go to Kinship (small group). Mom was supposed to come over too but she was sick at home. Very sick. Apparently she got hit with a bit of flu and guess who's house she was at the night before??? Mmm hmm.
After the show was over we realized we had missed a call from dad and we later found out that he was having an interesting time at our house with Titus who was getting the same sick mema had. When we got home, I found Titus' comforter by the laundry room, wet underwear in the bathroom sink (oh yeah, did I mention that this was the week I decided to start potty training Titus??? Nice one!) and very soiled sheets in the upstairs bathtub. Poor dad. He was flying solo with 5 kids, one of which was entertaining his poppy in a most unpleasant way.
The next morning we all got up and got breakfast and Tim took the boys to school on his way to work. Now, you know you can't have the flu and only "expel" from one end, right? Poor Titus had it bad and I found out just how bad shortly after breakfast; bad enough that I had to put him in pull-ups. Well, Titus was crying all during his cleanup and I must have been crabby because his crying was getting on my nerves and I just wanted him to stop. Well, stop he did just before he threw up all over me. What a way to find out that they had noodles for dinner last night. Mmm!
We were sitting on the living room floor and so my first instinct was to make sure absolutely none of it got on the carpet. I cannot stand stinky carpet!!! I made sure to catch it all in my lap and then I scooted over to the kitchen floor where I just sat, bewildered as to what to do. I'm soaked. My phone is soaked (it happened to be in my pajama pocket and the pocket got filled by Titus). Titus is standing in the bathroom still crying, but now because his pajamas are wet and then I look over and Micah is walking straight toward part of the mess which is now on the kitchen floor. Seriously, what am I supposed to do?
I start shouting for Eden to get Micah and take her upstairs because the moment I stand up, there will be puddles everywhere, but she doesn't respond so well and sure enough, as this day is starting off so wonderfully, Micah walked --barefoot-- through a puddle. I don't think I have even been awake for 2 hours by now. What kind of a "good morning" is this??? It's a flippin' nasty one, that's what. Am I the only one this happens to? Sheesh!
I needed a nap and I needed one fast. Once lunch was over I put all 5 kids to bed and I went to bed myself. It would have been glorious except that I was in jeans and long sleeves, in flannel sheets and under a blanket and our comforter and I was freezing. I couldn't get warm to save my life. Guess what that means? It must be getting close to my turn to get it. Well, I get out of bed and go upstairs to get everyone up as it was 4pm and we all slept way too long. I got into the girls' room and little Micah had gotten sick sometime during her nap and it was all over her and her bed.
I got her up and stuck her in the tub with Titus who really should have gotten in the tub after this morning's episode. No sooner had I got them out of the tub and dressed Micah (Titus was streaking the house) than I had to make a run for my bathroom. I tasked Elijah with clothing Titus who was so non-compliant that in between my 2 sessions with the porcelain god, I had to spank him. You never stop being mommy.
Thursday morning at 2:45 Eden woke me up crying with a bed full. Later that day it was Micah's turn. Friday was Tim's turn and today, Saturday, is Elijah's turn and Micah's second go-round. I have been washing the same sheets and pajamas for the past 3 days that I am up to my ears in normal laundry. I finally got one of the bathrooms cleaned today but am so overwhelmed and so underhelped that I don't know when I'm going to get caught up. It's pretty bad when the only person willing to help me is someone with sick kids of her own, thanks to ours truly. I pray that next week will be like turning over a new leaf, medically. Please oh please oh please!
6 comments:
Oh, God bless ya! See, that is what you get for laughing at all the Graber "illnesses". Wish I was there to help. Well, no not really, but the thought was nice while it lasted. :) You know I am joking. Get well soon. Love you!
Shelly, shelly shelly! I am so sorry. I had a slight bit of that here last week. Harry Jack had it--hotdogs everywhere. I Lysol'd EVERYTHING, and put a big pump bottle of hand sanitizer on the kitchen counter with a note that said,"put a pump or 2 of this on every time you pass it." I was going to "will" this sickness away! So far so good.
I hope your week is better this week!
Sorry about your blog. Sometimes blogger does some strange things.
I am so sorry to read about all this illness in your family...maybe next week when everyone is better you will be able to laugh about it...maybe not! I am trying to not laugh as I read, but you do paint a funny of things when you write on your blog. Here's to knowing that we are praying for you to get better quick!!!
Poor Shelly!! I feel so bad for you. Moms have to carry on, no matter how they feel....that's just part of the job.
I hope you get your blog pictures and backgrounds back, but this post was so descriptive, you didn't need any pictures. You are a GREAT writer!!
The blogger problem is precisely why I left blogger and went to wordpress. I like the layout so much better. It looks cleaner and I have not had the problems I did with blogger. If you are thinking of switching it is so easy and don't worry about all the work you have put into your journaling. You can import your entire blog.
I read the rest of you post after I made my first comment. Poor you! I hope you all are feeling better!
Post a Comment