Friday, January 23, 2009

Catch up time again...

This seems to be becoming epidemic for me; always playing blog catchup. Our internet decided to go AWOL the other day and we just now got it back up. Apparently the modem went bad. Did you know they only warranty those minuscule plastic boxes for 3 months? So I call Verizon and they say that the box is beyond it's warranty (we have had it for a whoppin' 10 months at most) and so it will cost $79.99 for a new one...UNLESS we subscribe to the $.99 a month warranty service plan that will get us a modem replacement for free. Once we install the new modem and it's working, we can cancel the service plan. If the modem goes bad again, we can repeat the whole thing. Is that dumb or what? Why don't they just say that the goofy modem costs $.99??? By the way, I called them today to ask a question and in the 20 minute conversation I had, I spoke to an "agent" in Mexico City, then they transferred me to one in India who transferred me to a lady who was in Canada and I finally got transferred to a lady in West Virginia. 20 Minutes and I travelled the world. Sorry, I forgot to take pictures.


The other day we had finished up with dinner a little earlier than usual and asked the kids what they wanted to do that was NOT wii. They chose wrestling. They most always choose wrestling, and who could blame them?
What kind of wrestling would we have if there was no over the head spinning? We know our wrestling! Micah was not about to be left out of the mix, that's for sure.

We even pulled a few moves from Nacho Libre, "it's the best!"

I don't generally participate anymore because I have found that whenever I get down to wrestle with the kids, they always seem to turn it into "Daddy, tickle mommy until she pees her pants!" Not that I ever have, but after 5 kids, it's never too far away, let me tell you!


The next day was Sunday. Now that Micah is starting to walk (it took her long enough) the girls finally got to wear the dresses that my mom got them for Christmas. I put a crown french braid in Eden's hair and curled the rest of it while poor Micah's mullet got pulled back into what became two 1" nubs that I pittifully called pig tails. They were bone straight and looked kinda funny! Nonetheless, the girls were beautiful!


To give some semblance of chronology, the next day was THE Monday that all our junk began in the previous post. That brings us to this past Sunday night. The boys didn't have school because of MLKjr day so we stayed up later and played HyperDash, a game that my mom got the boys for Christmas. It turned out to be rather fun for them and even a bit challenging on the brain!
As you can see, Micah couldn't quite contain herself so...
...to bed with the crabby bucket of tears. I don't believe she is back to normal just yet, so I am going to cut her a little slack...only a little!

After the kids were all tucked away Tim and I went downstairs to relax, somewhat. His relaxing included a laundry basket full of unmatched socks. Lucky me he took this on to accomplish.

What a man, what a man, what a mighty fine man!!!

No comments: