Saturday, January 24, 2009

"4" going on "mommy"

The other day Eden wanted to pray for lunch so naturally I let her. Well, for those of you who know Eden, she says what's on her mind. No matter how inappropriate or just plain cute (and she's done both), she says it because she's thinking it. Another thing about her is the way she talks. She talks more like a 12 year old. She has always been very articulate and concise in what she says. She gets very serious when she prays and never sticks to simple thankfulness for what we are about to eat. No, she has to go deeper and hit the issues. Here is an example.

Dear Jesus,

Thank you that Titus be's good all the time and mommy still loves him even when he's bad (takes a deep breath while still praying) and thank you for our food and that Titus eats all of it and gets some candy and gets candy for going on the potty too. Amen.

That was almost word for word as I quickly ran for a pencil to copy it down after "amen" before I forgot all of it. That's how she prays. I love it! It's always "thank you" from our kids. They haven't quite figured out that there's a difference between thanksgiving and supplication, but I don't suspect Jesus minds.

1 comment:

Donna said...

haha! That picture of Eden looks JUST LIKE YOU when you were little! I loved that prayer. I like the deep breath she took, too:)