Grandpa was kind and said yes. Now, over two years later I am ready to use the second bed. Yes, Micah got the boot out of her crib. You may say, "but she's just a baby." I say "she's just a baby" and at almost 18 months, she gets the boot like all the other kids did at that age. Granted, they had to get out of the crib due to the next sibling, but nonetheless. She already acts like the baby of the family. I am not trying to rear her to remain that way!!!
Friday, January 23, 2009
No longer a baby
When I got pregnant this last time, I called my grandpa and asked him if I had a girl, could I have the white wicker bedroom set in the guest bedroom? My mom bought it years ago (for Ruthie's room when she was still in high school) from Grandma's hair dresser and then mom traded it with grandma for a day bed with a trundle under it to put in the small room of their old house so the boys could have a room of their own to sleep in.
Grandpa was kind and said yes. Now, over two years later I am ready to use the second bed. Yes, Micah got the boot out of her crib. You may say, "but she's just a baby." I say "she's just a baby" and at almost 18 months, she gets the boot like all the other kids did at that age. Granted, they had to get out of the crib due to the next sibling, but nonetheless. She already acts like the baby of the family. I am not trying to rear her to remain that way!!!

A jumper, tights and a screwdriver; a great combination for my little girl!
She's excited that something's happening...but what???
It's almost ready.
She looks so tiny on the floor. Just wait until she is in the bed!
I ended up trading beds...Eden now sleeps on the left one, the one I set up today, because...well, just because. Now, if I ever build a house again, I will remember to check the size of the windows. Our bedroom windows, while allowing tons of light in, are HUGE. Too big, as a matter of fact. I have twin beds in the girls' room and the younger boys' room and they all hang over the window. I can't stand that. Oh well, I am grateful for the beds, thank you grandpa, and glad to finally be using all the bedding I bought a year ago. That was a big step for our little fam. Now, if I can just get Titus to poop on the toilet I would be thrilled beyond belief. Bye-bye to the crib...for good. Sob. Boo hoo. Sniff sniff. On to the next "last." sigh.
Grandpa was kind and said yes. Now, over two years later I am ready to use the second bed. Yes, Micah got the boot out of her crib. You may say, "but she's just a baby." I say "she's just a baby" and at almost 18 months, she gets the boot like all the other kids did at that age. Granted, they had to get out of the crib due to the next sibling, but nonetheless. She already acts like the baby of the family. I am not trying to rear her to remain that way!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's nice, Shelly. How did Micah transition into the "big girl bed"? They seem so much older when they finally get out of their cribs. It's kinds sad.
BT the way.....are you going to sell the crib? Craigslist would be a good way to do it. No listing fees, and the people come right over to pick it up so you don't have to ship anything out.
WHAT?! You're getting rid of the crib already?! Wow! I bet that was sad for you. Now we need a post telling us how she did.
Post a Comment