We just got the kids home and tucked into bed...all full of sugar. Yes, we are indeed responsible parents who give their kids candy before bed. Well, let me change that. Tim is the responsible parent in charge of giving the kids some of their newly acquired booty before bed. I had NOTHING to do with that.
Tonight we had the Fall Festival/Trunk or Treat at church. In the auditorium there were 6 or so gigantic inflatable things...Pirate Ship, Large slide, Obstacle course, 5yr old and under jump house, older kid jump house and a Train...and in the foyer there was face painting and balloon twisting/shaping and perhaps more, but I didn't look out there much. It was all a lot of fun, but we were intending to get in, get candy, play and get out. We did alright.

I Didn't get what Sarah said about her costume except that it was too cold to put it all on. It was FREEZING!!!!
I will have to be honest. With all of the house stuff we have been doing, I didn't take any time for costumes this year, so I am very grateful that we have dress up clothes for all of them. Sure we pulled repeats, but who cares...they got the candy they wanted and I didn't spend a dime on costumes. I would like to, one day, do a family costume theme...One guy came in the church tonight as a wizard (or whatever) and had 6 kids all in the Harry Potter school uniform. It was kind of fun seeing the whole group. I should think about it now and start looking.
The lines were quite long, but the kids were patient and fairly calm and I was quite pleased with them.
Eden found Abby and they ran around together feeling like such big girls!
Levi found Jackson and they hung out. All in all, we had a good time, but it was quickly time to go home to get everyone in bed. After all, there is school tomorrow, so the fun must come to an end!
No comments:
Post a Comment