So I had this brilliant idea that the trim and doors and such should all be white, and I was right about that, but when it comes to the execution of said brilliance, well, not so much. I am so entirely sick of white paint that I could scream. I have painted almost all the ceilings, and that was a breeze, but priming, then painting all the trim 2 times is about all I can take. I wake up every morning with numb hands, reminding me of the purgatory I must dwell in for yet another day. When will it end? I believe I am 1/20 of the way done and I have devoted 3 days myself and even had someone else come in and do some windows. We have at least 2 more weeks of trim to paint. BIG sigh. Many tears.
It wouldn't be so bad during the days, but I still have Micah 5 days a week and Titus 2 days and then 2:30 is my cutoff to go get the kids from school and noonish is lunch and that doesn't leave much time for the daily whitewash. I am almost tempted to scrap it all...midway through. For my birthday, since I didn't get anything from anyone, I'd like someone to come in and do that all for me. Heck, I'd accept that for birthdays and Christmases from here to eternity, if someone was so inclined...wishful thinking? Yes. But a girl can wish, can't she?
Since I have been in "White Dove" purgatory, Tim and dad have been doing other things, like tiling the kitchen floor. Dad is so anxious to get the cabinets in that he'd just as soon tile half the floor, grout where the cabinets won't be and set them...I had to reign that in a tad, but it looks like we will get cabinets started as soon as I paint the upper walls. The color I chose is called Vanilla Latte. How apropos!
You can't really see it in the picture but this time the tiles are laid in a brick pattern...so much easier than the usual diamond. Plus, it's nice for a change.
Micah thought she was being oh so helpful.
These two kept us all company. I can't remember if the other kids were upstairs or what, but these two were continually under toe.
Mutt and Jeff...or something like that. Please pray that this project of paint gets done soon. Seriously. We need to get into our own home for the sake of our health, sanity, marriage and parenting!!!
1 comment:
I love painting perfectly, but I never can do it. But, if I leave the painting up to someone else, I always see mistakes and it drives me crazy. I feel for you having to paint a whole house of trim, but it sure will look great when it's done!
I like the tile pattern.
Post a Comment