Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Did I happen to mention I am painting?

So I am in my...oh...I guess third week of painting trim.  Heaven's to Betsy this is going to kill me yet.  21+ days of staring at "White Dove" paint.  White Dove ceilings.  White Dove baseboards.  White Dove casing.  White Dove crown molding.  White Dove windows.  Blah.  My poor eyes are cross eyed from so much of the same.  Today, even though I am not done "White Dove-ing" I took a break and got me some color!

Elijah's room is the first one to be ready for wall color, so I gladly took a hiatus from painting purgatory to see some "December Eve" on Elijah's walls.  I love it!

 I intended to do both boy rooms in the same color, but tonight Levi informed me that he wants a dark red room, like I used to have.  Hmm.  We will see about that.

I have been concentrating on the upstairs most of the time but dad and Tim have done some work downstairs.
The kitchen is ready to have the granite measured for, and in case you are wondering, there is color on the walls and it is called Vanilla Latte.  How appropriate!   I still haven't touched any of the trim downstairs yet, so once I get the upstairs done and ready for carpet (hopefully by next Monday) I can begin downstairs.  Yay for more White Dove.  Ugh.
Dad has been working many nights here.  This time around we are paying him to be here, otherwise I don't think we would be half as far along as we are.
Tonight he put in more trim and doors...that I have to have to paint.  Will it ever end?  If you all think of it, please pray that we get done and out of mom's  house before Thanksgiving.  We need to get everything cleaned up for company and right now, it looks like a long shot.  Just pray!

No comments: