Today was one of the longest days I have given to the house. Practically everything on me hurts. We have carpet coming for the upstairs tomorrow and as usual, I was optimistic on how much work would actually get done in time for this. While I didn't get all the painting done that I wanted, we are ready for carpet nonetheless. The only room that needed to have carpet removed was the girls' room and I can't say as I'm sorry to see it go. When all the carpet and the linoleum was finally out, all I can say is, "Holy pet pee, Batman!" Someone had a pet who couldn't find the facilities on several occasions. Yowzers!
I still had one section of ceiling to paint and, at the time, didn't have any scaffold to use, so when I'm in need, I improvise.
Because we are getting carpet in the morning, I have a mandatory day off, and let me tell you, I need one! I have a hair appointment at Cori's (CJ Warren Salon in Crown Point) and then I need to hit some thrift stores for jeans for the boys. I hope I get lucky...they are in dire straits for jeans right now! After the brief intermission of carpet installation, we will get the POD dropped of and unloaded and then sometime next week, I will be starting the whole thing over again...downstairs. Deep breath and a sigh.


2 comments:
Shelly! I"m just catching up on your blog and I'm worn out for you!! Bless your heart! I know you have to be sick of painting but everything looks GREAT! I've enjoyed seeing the progress through the pictures. Keep it up! You'll be in there soon enough and you'll enjoy your nice new home. I love the boys rooms and that kitchen:) YOu'll be able to whip up some good holiday cooking in there. Keep the pictures coming!!
This is an accident waiting to happen...a HUGE accident. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Post a Comment