Tuesday, June 29, 2010

UPS Store

Elijah was the only one to play baseball this year.  Because Levi didn't get snacks last year, he didn't want to play this year.  Of course sign ups are in February and by the time practices came around, he was singing a different tune.  Too late!  Our team this year was the UPS Store.

Being at the farm right now, I am missing watching the end of the year tournament which is taking over a week with all the rain right now, but my mom, as usual, is at every game so he's not alone.  But still, it's killing me not to be at these games.
Here's a nice action shot.  For some reason, in the first half of the season, Elijah didn't hit the ball once.  It was discouraging to him because he hit all the time last year.  It was sad for us to see him get so discouraged, but once he hit his first ball, he hit every time thereafter.  It was nice!  He looks good in this swing, doesn't he?!?
Everyone had fun this season.  Titus tried to stay out of trouble and was effective most of the time.  At least he got to be shirtless, something he and Levi LOVE to be!
Micah made a new friend.  Well, I think she just made a temporary friend so she could get in on the popcorn action.  Will do anything for food.
Levi found his way to the top of the batting cage as grandpa watched from below.  He is not quite a football field's length away, but when I saw some kid climbing the cage, I thought for sure it was mine!
When he wasn't climbing cages, he was leading other kids in an exercise class.  He made a very patient coach!
Eden was always happy to get plenty of Poppy time when he was at the games.
Whether or not he liked it, Eden was attached to her poppy at the hip, or the shoulder or the lap or the arm...whichever was available to her demands.

Gone are the little league days for this season and I am sad already.  I always love the games.  I love watching Elijah in the field.  I love watching him bat.  It is all around fun for me and I cannot wait until next season.  I wonder how many of our kids will decide to get involved then.  We better start saving money now!!!

No comments: