Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Faith

So maybe this particular house thing isn't going to happen.  It looks like we cannot get a conventional loan because of the shape the house is in and the only other option they are accepting is cash, and we can only come up with 1/3 the cash until we can get the mortgage...we need a rather large, temporary, personal loan.  Sure, like that happens every day.

I talked with my grandpa today and it is always refreshing to do that.  I was just discussing how it is in my nature to "DO."  By that I mean that I am an able bodied young woman and when I see something that needs to get done, even if it's impossible financing for a home that I really want, I do all I can to make it happen.  I went so far as to write a letter to the sellers today, explaining where we are coming from and basically asking them to consider us, even though they were burned by someone on the house already, etc.  This time around, there is nothing I can do.  I have to wait.  I have to be patient.  I have to wait and see if this is something that God will work out for me.  He may not see fit for us to live there. 

I am learning to trust wholeheartedly that NOTHING is too big for God.  Nothing.  I tend to limit Him so much and I am ashamed of that.  Why do I put the Almighty in a box and ask Him to come out only when I am requesting something I believe can happen, but on something like this house, as impossible as it humanly is for us to get money when there are people out there with the kind of cash we need in their own accounts, why don't I have faith that He can make this happen?  I don't mean to say that we will get this house if I believe God can do it.  He can do it whether I believe or not.   The point here is that I put limits on limitless God and I am grateful to be learning not to do that, even if it is taking all my energy to do so! Here I am looking at a possible "forever" home for our family and God simply sees it as a way to show me where I lack in my faith.  Thank you, God!

No comments: