Saturday, June 5, 2010

Micah...sweet little Micah Joy.

Somewhere along the way (like in the womb) each of my girls developed a DNA strand that draws them to shoes.  Ever since they could reach a shoe, it was on their foot.  It doesn't have to fit.  It doesn't have to be theirs.  It doesn't even have to be a girl's shoe.  It just needs to belong on the foot and they'd put it on.

With that, we were at a friend's house the other day and Micah found these plastic dress up shoes and wore them all throughout the house, even though they were too big and she almost broke her ankles at least twice.  They ended up giving her the shoes and she wore them the rest of the day and then again today.
We were getting ready to go to the store and she put on the dress up shoes, but I didn't let her keep them on because of her tendency to fall with them on, so I told her to go upstairs and get some different shoes.
She came downstairs and walked into the kitchen (wielding a can of Pringles) and said "Is this okay?"

Not one to miss a good blogging opportunity, I laughed and got my camera to snap this shot before I told her no, it was not OK to wear slippers to the store.
Knowing full well what I wanted her to do, Micah decides to come downstairs wearing Eden's pink "Dorothy" shoes, a good 5 sizes too big and asks again, "Is this okay?" then flashes me a cheesy grin.

I snapped another picture and then sent her off to get her crocs.  Once she got them on, Imelda was finally ready to go to the store.  Oh my Micah.  My sweet little Micah Joy.

No comments: