OK, well THIS picture isn't the cutest, but I promise, she delivered as an adorable chicken! For some reason, as only a mom can do, I had a fear that she would get stage fright or something. After all, she is a lot like me. However, that little girl didn't miss a beat and was fantastic.
After the program, the preschool class got up to do their program while the kindergarten kids got their caps and gowns on. I took that opportunity to snap this picture of Titus.
I think I kept the picture because to me, I see a preteen in his face...not the indefatigable 4 year old he really is. It was a flash-forward of sorts. sigh. sniff, sniff.
Here she is walking down the aisle just before she receives her diploma. This was the best shot I could get because I was at the other end of the pew and our [wiggly] kids were in the mix of heads between Eden and me so I had limited time. I felt like a paparazzi. "Eden! Over here!"
The tassel has been flipped and Eden is no longer a "future 2nd grader" but a for really real official 2nd grader, in the flesh. Holy cow. Where did it go? Bigger sigh. Bigger sniff, sniff.
Afterwards, as usual, we went to the church gym for graduate cake. Eden was kinda out of it for most of these pictures, but we did manage a smile here.
Next are a few of the pictures we tried to take of our family.
Can you tell...
which is our compliant child...
and which one maybe...
not so much???
Mema and poppy were there...
and Grandpa G...
and grandma and grandpa...
and auntie and uncle Dave...
and of course, Eden's teacher, Mrs. Wolfe. By this picture, Eden was done and was starting to get a little testy.
All she wanted to do was play and with that she found Levi's buddy, Ty (Elijah's friend, Bryce's younger brother) so I snapped a shot like any responsible, camera wielding mother would do.
We were sad not to see uncle John Paul and aunt Sarah, but otherwise had a great time. We went to Steak and Shake afterwards, graduate's choice, and stayed up way too late for way too much sugar, but at least we didn't get spilled on this time!
Congratulations Eden! We love you and are so proud of you and all your work your first year of school! XOXO










1 comment:
what a sweet post! I'm telling you, she looks JUST like a mixture of you and Ruthie when you were both little. I know it was a special night for all of you, even it if was chaotic.
Two things:
1. Yes! Titus DOES look like a preteen! I thought he was your oldest for a second! You're going to have your hands full with that boy!!!
2. The picture of Papa is so cute!
Post a Comment