I don't know if the picture shows it or not, but this was the beautiful sky out our back door this morning. Off to the east (left) were some pretty dark clouds, and almost as if God was just layering the sky, the sunny, fluffy clouds were right there next to the storm clouds with rays of sunlight peering out in the middle. We never did get any rain, but some poor city got a deluge (you like that word?!?). What we got was a glimpse of the beauty of God, and that was far better!
Tim made waffles for breakfast, and I got to sleep in. I'm not sure whether it was the food from the rehearsal dinner or the fact that I haven't had anything substantial to eat in several days, but I wasn't feeling good all day Saturday and that continued into Sunday morning, so I got to sleep. It was nice, but no matter how many times you tell 5 kids that mommy is trying to sleep, they seem to forget, and boy can they get loud!!! I appreciate the sentiment though, Tim! Maybe we were pulling on excuses that the kids have had a very long and busy week/weekend or something, but we played hookey from church also, though we did have kinship later in the afternoon, so we weren't sluggards all day.
Micah is getting rather excited with learning how to grasp food and all...either that or I have to admit that she may just be greedy and want it all at the same time. Bottle in one hand and waffle in the other. Is she cool or what?
Now, we get ready to go outside to play for a while before leaving for the kinship activity and Levi, who thinks cowboy boots are for all occasions and all dress decides that he has to wear his to play. Who am I to argue the goofiness of that? Well, at least not this time. To add to his great choice of footwear, he decides he must be a knight or something, and so as I whip out my camera, they decide to pose (yes, Elijah is actually posing in these pictures) and Levi is clearly pledging his allegiance to the camera. He has an imagination that never ends. I love it! 

Then there is Eden who after seeing me in the strapless dress for the wedding (I can only assume) comes to the door in her sun dress with the straps pulled off and when I tell her that she needs to put the straps back on says "I like it better this way." Uh, I don't think so! By the way, daddy will croak if he sees that, so move 'em on up, sweetie. Besides, I think your chest is hanging out. 
1 comment:
Thanks for the invite to your blog. It will be nice to keep up with what is going on in IN. I enjoyed spending some time with you the couple weekends before Ruthie's wedding. It was a nice time! Oh yeah...thanks for that last comment...that was the FUNNIEST thing I have ever heard in my life!! :)
Post a Comment