Friday, June 27, 2008

Another day another mess to clean up...

Let's see...today we went to the park for a while, and it was so humid and sticky that I had to take a shower when we got home. I had no sooner gotten into the shower (my hair wasn't even wet yet) and in comes Ty-Ty to say "Levi kick me," followed closely by Levi who says he kicked Titus to get the make-up out of his hands. Titus clearly made a b-line for the mascara as soon as he knew he was in the clear...no mommy around. Thank goodness for the miracle of Spray Power that gets all kinds of make-up out of carpeting!!!

While at the park, I told the kids that since we would be going to see some friends in Michigan the next day, I would take them to the library after nap time to get some videos to take with us, but we also had to go to the grocery store to find something for dinner. We were all getting ready to get out to the van, Titus had his sandals on and was on his way out to the garage. I was holding Micah and turned around in the kitchen for something, and when I turned back around, Titus was dropping something on the floor and running back to the garage. I never saw him come back into the house. I looked to see what he dropped, and wouldn't you know that in the time it took me to turn around and check on Eden, Titus had time to run back into the house about 20 feet, find a RED crayon and bend over to color on the floor right on the unsealed grout!!! It was almost as if he was walking out the door and thought to himself, "wait, I haven't destroyed something in 2 whole hours...it'll only take a sec, " because he literally was coloring as he was starting to run back to the garage. His sole purpose to come back into the house was to color on the floor. This one didn't get a pause to photo, mostly because I had to spray my Spray Power on it to clean it up and then get on to the library. Ugh.


deep breath

The library was fine until the last few minutes where the kids wanted to see the fish tank, so we walked over and looked until Micah decided she couldn't take her stroller anymore and started screaming. I told the older 3 kids to go on to the van and when I started to go myself, Titus started loudly saying "See fish!!! See fish!!!" which coupled with Micah was enough to bring all eyes on the poor mom with "all those kids."

final breath

We still have to go to the store. Can I handle this...all 5 kids and me when they are spent already??? It was overly crowded...there were "customer in training" carts being pushed around that got on my close-to-shot nerves, but we made it to the deli area to get fried chicken per Levi's request. The kids were on each other's nerves, my nerves, they were antagonizing each other and were just plain keeping me from concentrating on telling the lady what I wanted, so she gave each kid a potato wedge to get them to behave for me. I was going out with some girlfriends later that night, so I was already dressed and had some heels on, which were telling me very loudly that they were not the right choice for the grocery store by about aisle 4. I had to get several more things and went to check out, sweating, no doubt, only to find that I had no debit card. I tried to write a check, but we just moved, the address on my checks is mom and dad's address and the address on my driver's license is my address from before mom and dad's, so needless to say, they wouldn't take my check...I went home empty handed, frustrated, close to tears and followed by the cries of 4 children chanting "I'm hungry!!!" Bad mommy. I went home, dropped off the kids, got my card and came back to pick up dinner and we got to eat. Phew.

3 comments:

Dayna said...

Thanks for the invite to your blog, Shelley. It is very nice to get caught up on your family and all the excitement there. You have really cute children. Eden looks like she's all girl!! And, of course, Titus is all boy!! I look forward to reading about all your adventures.

Donna said...

Aw, Shelly! I'm stressed out just reading about this grocery experience! Next time you go to the grocery store, take your camera and get pics of all the kids and you shopping! That would be hilarious!! Oh, and I HATE those customer in training carts. I try to block Caroline's eyes from seeing them when we hit our store. The obnoxiously huge car cart I have to push around it bad enough.

Dolly said...

I'm just getting caught up on your blog and am laughing at this post. You're such a great writer that I feel I was there experiencing this all with you. I agree with Donna...next time, get pictures of the kids in the grocery store! That would be so funny.