Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkeys on the farm

First to catch up the pre-thanksgiving posts...ugh, this blogging stuff is busy work! When does the check come in? It's been several months now and nothing...
The coolest and awesomest and bestest daddy came home from work today with the makings for S'mores. After dinner and for some reason after jammies we put the 2x4's on the fireplace (it's nice living in and around new construction sometimes) and had some yummy s'mores before bed! Thank you, daddy!
She's just cute...do I need to say more???
Speaking of cute, here's a time when Titus disappeared for a bit and it wasn't disastrous. Well, only in the fashion world. He got himself dressed this morning. Catch the full ensemble lest you get behind on the latest trends in [almost] 3 year old dress these days. Yes, those are jammies, and yes, I let him wear that...until we had to go out in public, that is. Like I'd let him out in his jammies...
Ok, now for our Thanksgiving weekend...I finally got to meet my darling and precious little niece, Nadia Renee. I was so excited to finally get to hold the little doll and what a chunk. She is 4 months old and she and Micah are in the same size, for the most part. I practically melted when the first thing Nadia did was give me this ginormous cheeky smile when she saw me for the first time. She just knew that I was her bestest auntie and she was beaming. Ok, that's a bit dramatic, but I felt it!
We had a good trip to the farm. Eden and uncle Phil posed for me. That's my girl...too hot for her long sleeved sweater!
Our ever-goofy Elijah boy. He just wants to make people laugh. Unfortunately he is still learning when to be funny and when not to be, but I'll tell you what, he makes me laugh, but mostly when he isn't trying. He is training his siblings rather well in the comedic sense. Look out mama...stand-up is running rampant around here.
MomS, grandma, Shelley and I all went out on Black Friday. Not crazy early like some, but out nonetheless. I guess I got a bit bored. Boredom + a camera crazy mother-in-law = flattering photo.
Our first pose in our first photo session (done by uncle Phil) of all the cousins was interesting, to say the least. I have pity on all photographers, relatives or not. This is no easy task. Elijah was the only one to have the same look plastered on his face through out the whole time. You know the one...the school yearbook face. Mother's across the world know this one. We don't love it, but we know it!
Between poses, we sat these girls together and took this shot. It was too cute. Micah has her hand on Nadia's shoulder, as you can see, but a video would show her patting Nadia as if to say, from one chunk to another, "Hang in there kid. I'll show you the ropes" or "It could be worse; there could be 5 kids in your family..." No matter the thoughts running through their heads, it was a Kodak moment for sure.
Second pose...too much playing went on during this, but I loved it!!!
We certainly can't get through a visit to the farm with out football. Unfortunately, we didn't have a football. Only this green soccer ball, but no one seemed to mind. Perhaps we should consider getting one. Ahh the memories that are being made on this grass!
Here's the next Chicago Bears draftee going for a diving catch. He just LOVES football and wonders why he can't play in our town. I'll have to check into that my chicken legged little boy. Little does he know he'd be snapped in two.
Eden is so cutely and patiently sitting while aunt Shelley braids her hair. I have since started to braid her hair also, but oddly Eden won't sit still for me...hmmm. Do we have a favorite???
I put Micah's hair in pigtails just to see what it would look like. It doesn't look so much from this picture, but she was a cutie p tootie...
Even after I took them out, she kept her cuteness...crazy hair and all.
It was kinda neat, for me at least, to see "uncle Tim" fall into daddy mode with Nadia. He-voluntarily-took over some feedings and didn't bat an eye. He's an old pro at work. Hmm, did we really have to go and put the kibosh on all of this?!? What's done is done.
Nadia didn't seem to mind uncle Timmy's nurturing. She is happy and full; a good combination for mommy to come back to when she's done getting her shower.

So, I notice there are no pictures of Titus and Levi. Not too sure why, but we did bring them. I promise. Next post should be my Christmas swap and then Christmas. Yay! Have a happy holiday everyone...

2 comments:

Donna said...

Wow! Good post. I was wondering where you'd been. I'm sorry but your son Titus, kills me! He is so funny and that pose of his in his nice outfit he picked out makes me laugh. He looks so proud.

All of your children are beautiful, Shelly. I can see your mom in Eden, I think. And Micah is adorable:)

I'm glad you had fun on Thanksgiving and good for you for braving the Black Friday crowds!

Dayna said...

What a fun time! I love all your pictures. I agree with Donna. All of your children are beautiful. I especially love the picture of you and your gum. Looks like you were ready to head to the car! I also love the new blog background. Very nice.