I awoke to this sight this morning...
Well, actually I got up at 5 this morning and it was dark and still snowing, but once the dust cleared, so-to-speak, this is the chilling sight that remained. I am so thankful for heat and blankets and a house and warm clothes and all those things that we all take for granted. Those were the first thoughts to go through my head after the initial "Ugh" for the beginning of a Chicago winter. It is always beautiful in the beginning. But for the Gary smog, I'd go eat some right now! Well that and the fact that no one needs to see me in my nightgown, robe and black socks outside eating the snow. I guess it's time to find a new blog background.
Happy first snow to you all!
2 comments:
Man! I would lOVe to wake up to that any morning!!! You are so lucky. It's just cold here...no snow:(
How beautiful! We are hoping for some good snow here this year. The kids are already dreaming about no school and where they are going to be sledding this year. We need a good snow...none of the flurries and dustings we got last year. Enjoy your weather!
Post a Comment