Thursday, August 14, 2008

The sneaky little cookie monster

I made some delicious chocolate chip cookie batter the other night but didn't have time to make the cookies, so I put it in the fridge until the next day (cold batter makes so much better cookies anyways!!!). I went ahead and made the cookies and after they cooled I put them in Ziploc bags to send off to their various new homes. One bag was going with the kids to Erin's house complete with 9 cookies, one for each kid and one for Erin. As you can see, not all 9 cookies made it to Erin. That little sneak. I was upstairs doing some much needed scrapbooking and remembered that he had gone downstairs for a drink and never came back up. I wonder why. You know the sight when you walk into the kitchen and your kids are playing hide and seek or something under the table and all you can see is their legs or their feet? They can't see you, so they think you can't see them?!?! Well, that was this Ty guy who thought that though he heard foot steps, and though he heard my voice, he was safe because he didn't see me, therefore I didn't see him. Satan doesn't have to work hard with some of us...I know that most of these posts are truly funny, but on a serious note, I don't know about the other of you moms, but often I fail to truly see a sinner before me when looking at my children. God looks at us with the same parental dissatisfaction in our behavior (though I don't believe He laughs as much as we parents do) and really, we are just like our misbehaving kids. Hmmm.
At any rate...here he is still trying to finish his little indulgence even though he has been caught red-handed and brown-mouthed. Sneaky little monster.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Shelly! How do you do it? I know it is funnier when it's not your child, but I would be laughing at him all the time if I was around! His little antics crack me up:)

timandmichelle (timandshelly) said...

He is a beast indeed and he does keep us in stitches. He also drives us crazy but we wouldn't trade him in for much...

Dayna said...

Once again...so funny!!

Denise said...

I am smiling! So funny! I am glad you have one to keep you smiling too!