After naps that afternoon we went on to mom and dad's house for a visit. I think Tim was doing sound for church that night so I was on my own.
I got a few decent pictures of John Paul with Micah here, but that wasn't the best thing all night. Just when I thought the mischief was finding it's way out of our dear sweet Ty-Ty, I catch him in the act...well, actually, John Paul did, but I was near by with my camera.
Saturday, August 9, 2008
I spoke too soon!
This was Levi's last baseball game for the summer and it was a cooker, let me tell ya! Sitting there, I felt the sun beating down on my flip flopped feet, burning them.
Poor kids, they were dripping sweat from everywhere, so when the water bottle didn't quite deliver to their mouths, I didn't mind.
Titus thought it was his place right there next to Levi with his team. Notice the food Levi is clutching. There is no mistake - the gleam in Titus' eye isn't longing for his time to play coach pitch ball, it's longing for a crumb to fall to the grass so like a lion he can pounce on it. That's his intention. Unless he manages to grab a full bag and run away before he's caught, but that's not likely.
After the game, we went to Pizza Hut for lunch and then back to our house to show Tim's parents the "tree house" Tim built onto the kids' swing set. He basically added a fairly large platform and incorporated it into the tree itself, and then put a railing up. Levi looked at it and said, "It's not what I pictured in my head." Apparently he was thinking more Swiss Family Robinson. He wanted to see a deck built around the tree with a staircase leading up to a room. Daddy's good and all, but c'mon now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment