So, as many of you know, Levi was our Christmas Eve baby, and for whatever reasons, and I can think of several, we were never too good at truly celebrating him on or around his birthday, so a couple of years ago we decided to celebrate Levi's birthday in early July...a half birthday...then if Levi decides later on down the road that he wants his Christmas birthday, we can switch it back. For now, it helps to have almost all the birthdays done in the summer.
There was only one thing that Levi REALLY wanted and that was a "whipt" from Indiana Jones. He loves to pretend and act and become any character, and since Elijah got Legos Indiana Jones for his DS for his birthday, Levi has been "Jones" a lot lately.
What a happy little guy he was when he opened this "whipt" complete with sound effects and all. I even found a hat to go with it, but after the outrageous price I paid for the doggone whip, I could only afford a straw cowboy hat, but it was the right size and color and he is none the wiser. 
He is so into his character when he is one that he had to go back and put on a pair of jeans, and if we had a leather jacket, he would have donned that as well. 
My mom (and dad) got him these Incredible Hulk boxing fists and a mask, which are actually pretty cool.
Among other things, Levi is also a huge climber, so I had Tim's parents go and pick up a couple of packs of climbing wall things...what do you call them? At any rate, we finally got them put up on our swingset play area, and he loves them!!! All in all, with all he received, it was a busy and full evening full of family, food and fun stuff for Levi. Happy Birthday buddy!
There was only one thing that Levi REALLY wanted and that was a "whipt" from Indiana Jones. He loves to pretend and act and become any character, and since Elijah got Legos Indiana Jones for his DS for his birthday, Levi has been "Jones" a lot lately.
3 comments:
That's a cool idea, Shelly! I know that it is chaotic celebrating b'days at Christmas time. Grayson (Dayna's little girl) has a Dec. 20'th bday and it is always busy celebrating that among the other activities.
I love the Indy whip! Levi looks cute with it. I can't wait to see a future post with Titus using it for something clever!!!
First of all happy half bday to Levi!
Second, I will testify that whipt is a hit! Harry Jack loves it too. One of the guys on staff at our churh has the whip and the hat in his office and Harry Jack loves to play with it.
You're a good mom. I haven't broken down and bought it yet!
Cute post Shelly! I LOVE the picture of Levi opening up his whip! You know his heart skipped a beat and it almost made me get teary because I was so happy for him. Must be a pregnancy thing?!
Post a Comment