School is back in session! It's not that I was tired of the kids being at home or anything. It was just time. There had been one too many fighting, bored, whiny, tired, irritable (did I say fighting?) kids. It was either school started or I was going for the duct tape. One way or another, I was going to get through a day without playing referee. This was just the day!
Every year at PCS we take this bench picture. Titus is our new addition this year. He is going to preschool, praise God! If it weren't for the "after 3 kids, the rest are free" rule, I'd be putting on the ol' black and white and my whistle for one more year. Elijahboy is a 4th grader this year. Wow! He is growing so fast and we are so proud of the young man he is becoming. Only a couple years before Jr High.
Levi has made it to the 2nd grade where I know his kindness is abounding already. He is very quick to help his teacher in anything that she asks. Can I get some of that at home?
Eden is in 1st grade and is a girlie girl indeed who loves all things sparkly. For her first day of school outfit, she had a sparkly skirt, a sparkly shirt and even sparkly flip flops. She is quite interested in how she looks...she is only 6 years old for Pete's sake. We are in for it later on, I tell ya!
Our sweet Tidyboy started preschool this year and can I say that he was all but begging me to go every day. On the Saturday and Sunday before school started, he got dressed in his first day of school clothes in absolute anticipation of THE day. He was so cute too. He had his backpack packed (the only thing that fits in it is his lunchbox) and was rip roarin' and ready to go.
He took no time at all to jump in to playing with the other kids in his class. He kissed me goodbye, I think, and ran off. Now it's a good thing I am not a cryer or we'd have had a problem he was off so fast. I am glad for him. He needed the challenge for so long. Something to keep him busy was just the ticket and we have one. He goes 3 full days a week and wants to go all 5. I am thinking on it.
Well, now that the kiddos are in school, at least most of them are, I am able to get going on the house. There is much to do. Sigh. I will post the starting pictures tomorrow sometime to give you all a baseline of what we are up against. I will go into more detail about it tomorrow. For now, congrats to all of you who have your kids back in school once again. Summer is just the perfect length, isn't it? Ah yes!




No comments:
Post a Comment