Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Good Morning. Good God.

No matter what time I go to bed, somehow, the first time my eyes pop open tends to be right at 6:30.  I generally view that as a mistake and I roll over to be swept back off to dreamland.  Not this morning.  I opened my eyes and through the dirty windows (yes, I should clean them, shouldn't I?) I noticed the sky looked rather ominous.  I shifted a little bit and all of a sudden saw a beautiful and bold rainbow.  I got up to look out at the other window and quickly discovered it was a full rainbow. 

Now, this must have been pretty to me because I had to get up and open my bedroom door and go through the SLEEPING kids' room, praying none of them wake up, to go downstairs and outside for a picture. 
Elijah, my early riser, went outside with me and was excited to see this beauty!  As you can see in this picture, there is a second one, though quite faint.  Isn't God good?

No comments: