Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Birthday Bash

It is always my intent to get up to date with these posts and then to routinely schedule time to keep it that way but I suppose the tasks that are set before me are many and the laborers are few, ya know? At any rate, it is on my wish list of things to accomplish regularly. Then again, I would have to say that Tim has his own list of things that he'd like to see accomplished regularly and I don't believe this blog is at the top of his list though I can't imagine why.

It was time for Levi's birthday, or half birthday celebration once again, and since we were in Texas for Eden's birthday, we decided to have a joint party. It seemed easier since people were busy doing whatever it was they were doing that kept them from coming on the days I wanted parties, so combo party it was.
This young man was just too excited for his own good and was a bit goofy because of it, but it was his day, so who really cares?
Does he look happy to have this game or what? This is the silent "YESSSSSSSS!!!!!" look. Can we say "Hello Mr dramatic"?
Are those "rock and roll" fingers I see???
I've written before that Levi loves to write notes to me and Tim, so my mom, knowing Levi like she does, bought him some 3x5 cards, a case to put them in and pencils that fit. He now has his own non-girly stationary set. Way to go mema!!!
I do believe he loved his gifts!!! Eden got this CD player from grandma and grandpa and though she only has one CD to play in it, she loves this very much.
When we were in Texas we went to this store called Sam Moon and it had all sorts of stuff from purses and luggage to jewelry and it had Eden's name written all over it. While we were there Eden fell in love with this hat so mema bought it when Eden wasn't looking. Sneaky, meems. Now she looks like a boy band groupie...only cuter!Eden had 2 "coveted" items on her birthday list and she never forgot either one of them. Somehow mema was the one to buy them both. The first and apparently lesser of the two was a piggy bank. She was thrilled to see this come out of one of the bags. Unfortunately, for reasons only known to her, she threw away the stopper and now the money falls straight through to the dresser. Interesting. The second, and most wanted item that she has been wanting forever and always asked for whenever we went garage saling was an umbrella. You wouldn't believe how few choices there are for umbrellas around here but we did find one, and since she probably isn't going to use it anyways, it didn't matter that it was made for toddler midgets. She was delighted.
What combo party would we be having without a split cake? I made a pink and white checkerboard cake with split frosting. I couldn't do half Superman's "S" and half princess, so pink and blue it was. Too bad it looked more like a baby shower cake for twins or something. Oh well, the kids didn't care, they got to blow off their own candles and eat their own color appropriate cake. It was all good.
When the time came for baths and bedtime, Eden was all about giving good hugs goodnight.
All Levi cared to do was hug on Toby. This is one boy who needs a dog!!!
Micah looked ready for bed with daddy's socks on and Levi's new Star Wars t-shirt on. It was rather cute looking on her.
All in all the kids had a great night filled with a lot of love from their family, as you can see. Thank you everyone! They love you too.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I've enjoyed catching up on your posts. You all have been very busy lately!! I bet you're birthdayed out, too:)

The Texas trip looks fun, and way to go, Uncle Johna and Aunt Amy for putting a party together in your back yard!!!!