One day while emailing Kelly about something...not too sure what it was right now...I decided to have the Olsen/
Heavner clan over to our house for a cookout. We basically only see each other for holidays anymore and I miss seeing everyone more, so what better way to say hey and enjoy one another than over a nice table of food!??!
Ruthie and Dave had a tall order that morning before coming out. They are days away from closing on their first house. The house is 2 years old, I think, but was bank owned and the bank was doing the major repairs on it.

This particular day they were allowed in the house to remove the old carpet and do some cleaning up before the new carpet was put in, so I got a picture of the home owners-to-be, proudly standing in front of their house. I can't wait until they close and we can start painting and get them moved in! I am very excited for them. I think Ruthie thinks I'm weird for being so excited for them. I dunno.

We didn't get started until around 5
ish which was perfect. Josh fell in love (as much as he could) with Kevin. We missed Kelly that day. :-( She was working in her parents Antique store. We were also missing Suzanna, uncle Mike, Joel, Jessie and Nathan, uncle Bob and John Paul. I think that was it. I wish I would have gotten pictures of everyone. Grandpa was dressed to the nines as he just came from a wedding, but I think he was rather comfortable that way.

Micah somehow was
enamored by Joanna. During prayer Micah just watched her and then walked up to her afterwards and just stood there like "Pick me up already, huh." And there she sat.

The kids enjoyed some beanbag game, though we adults (Joanna excluded) never got around to it because we were talking too much. Maybe next time I won't allow good fellowship in order to play my games.

I'm not too sure what happened to Micah here, but she was NOT a happy camper. I'm sure some major injustice just happened to her and she is simply too beside herself for words and cannot speak. Or something like that. D-R-A-M-A-!-!-!


I meant to ask Jack how much cloning costs. James is adorable and I bet will make a perfectly precocious big brother!!!

So I guess Micah is a lot like me in that she loves food. Lucky to all of you who don't just love food, but I do. I am
constantly learning how that should translate into behavior, but she is just a baby. She wants it all and will beg, steal, borrow and be cute to get it. Poppy was her latest victim of a "walk-by-"cute"
ing. Now she's off to find her next victim.
While Micah was stuffing her cute face, auntie Ruthie was instigating some cuteness of her own. These little monkeys were trying to hone their skills like auntie, but she has many years of "cuteness" under her belt!
We had a great visit with everyone and I certainly hope to be doing this at someone else's house in the near future. Until then, and if I can remember, I will be doing this more often. Do you think every month is too much??? See you all next time!
3 comments:
How fun it is to see those babies!!! We really miss you guys! And yes, Michelle, i don't watch TV. I mean, i WISH i watched TV, and if we had a TV that worked and showed us programs that i could understand you can bet your sweet bippy that i WOULD watch TV... but alas - i blog instead. Also, i watch movies on our laptop... which is sort of like watching TV.
That was such a nice day...thanks again for the great food and family time. I kinda wish you could have captured me jumping on the trampoline as I figured I'd never jump on one ever again, but alas, Uncle Mike and I found ourselves on one just the other day! Probably not a good idea at our age!
Okay, Jack's little boy looks JUST LIKE HIM when he was little! How funny! He is a cutie.
That bbq looks like fun. Wish we all lived closer so we could all get together and our children could know each other. Maybe one day we'll have a huge reunion. I'm LOL at Micah being a drama queen. We have one of those, too.
Congrats on the new home, Ruthie! How exciting! I'm excited for you, too!
Post a Comment