Last night was the Kindergarten Christmas program at school. For some reason the evening started at 7pm, but the program didn't actually start until 7:45; 15 minutes
after my kids go to bed. That could have turned out worse for us.

This is Levi's favorite [boy] friend, Josiah. They met this year and it turns out that Josiah's parents went to Moody with Tim. Small world. They have really clicked well together and it's probably because both of them like to fool around...a lot!

Here is a very handsome and somewhat nervous Levi getting ready to do the opening lines of the program. Every kid was given 2 lines to memorize, but Levi's part was 8 lines long. I'm beginning to see that Levi is, perhaps, the teacher's pet. He had a rough start to the year with getting in trouble a lot, but has really turned his behavior around and is excelling at all his work above most all the other kids and has become the teacher's little helper. She even has him "teach" some concepts when he gets them before the others. It's k5, how tough can it be? They are learning to read, so who knows.

Not only did he have the opening paragraph, but his favorite girl friend, Grace, went home sick, so his teacher asked him to do her lines as well
since he basically knew
everyone's part anyways.
He did a great job. He has the Olsen tendency to talk really fast, but he did his best to slow down tonight.

I don't remember what song this was, but it obviously involved bells. Levi and the other boy, Peter, got a little carried away with the shaking of these bells...it could have stolen the show if it went on much longer; they were having too much fun.
Ok, remember the whole bit about this part of the night starting 15 minutes after bedtime? Well, that wasn't talking about Micah's bedtime. She goes to bed closer to 7:00 and now here it is after 8:00 and she is not thrilled. She was hopping back and forth between grandma and grandpa and me and my mom, but not my dad. He is growing a beard for the time being, and she was just plain scared of him. She is beyond wasted and we haven't even had cookies and punch yet.

Titus began feeling better today. I looked at Tim and said, "Of all times for him to be feeling better, it would have to be tonight." He was all over the place, true to Titus' nature. We did manage to bring in a few things to keep him occupied, but it was almost like he was putting on a program of his own back there he was so loud and animated with his guys. Fortunately most of Titus' program was during the music portion of Levi's program. We were in the very front so the poor people behind us didn't know whether to watch the
kindergartners or the crazy family with the rowdy kids that can't be still or quiet or respectful of other people's desire to see and hear their own kids. Sorry people! (It wasn't that bad, but as the parent, I sure felt like it was!)

These pictures are just for fun. There's always gotta be a kid who's making faces and having fun.

Josiah's mom and dad didn't seem to think it all that funny, though.
We got done with the program, HAD to have cookies and punch and then went home to make it to bed by 9pm. Ugh. It's always rougher in the morning when I have to wake them all up because they are zonked. Wowzers what a morning I had...I'll tell you about that tomorrow. Goodnight!
3 comments:
haha! I love JOsiah's face in that last picture!!! SO funny.
Levi looks so proud. I know you were proud of him, too. I love kids programs at school!!
My little Levi...all grown up! You know I think he has NO problem being the teacher's pet. I always felt my favoring of him was just because I thought he had short, stubby legs that wouldn't bend...I guess I felt sorry for the little guy. Look at him now! Uggg...so cute! He and Eden look so much alike-I never realized it before, but they look like twins on the Christmas card! We had a "josiah" in our program this morning. However, he not only made faces, but he tried to hide his "sheep ears" under his shirt, and one of the white, limp ears hung down right on his zipper! Poor little peep! :) I laughed until I cried! Literally!
Shelly! I just read your post on that rough few days you had and I felt your pain!!! First of all, I laughed out loud at the part where you started crying at customer service! HAHAH! I have been there at the doctor's with crying kids and pure chaos. So sorry. Hope the past few days have been better:)
Post a Comment