Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Getting the tree up...finally
Ok, first of all, I know it is December 29th and I'm just now posting about our Christmas tree...but sometimes I can tend to be a bit anal about things that don't matter; Having my blog show ALL photographed events in chronological order is one of them. I am going to spend the next few posts catching up on my blog. Fun, I know.
So, the tree. Well due to who knows what, we didn't get a tree up until the 15th, but fear not, I will have it up until at least January 15th to make up for lost time. We managed to get the tree up, but that was just about it. Once it's the middle of December, it seems to be too late to drag it all out. Maybe it was just me, but I didn't desire to do it all. Here, the kids are all helping to fluff those lovely branches on the artificial tree. (I only went back to re-fluff a few)
In the Svoboda house, whatever night is chosen to put up the Christmas tree is also a night that we will get Dairy Queen. It's a bit of an odd tradition, but it's our tradition you could say. The kid's loved it and I will have to say that my Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzard didn't disappoint!
Once I finally drudged through the lights, and the ones that all of a sudden don't work and the half lit strands and all that rigmarole, we put the ornaments on. I am lucky that none of the ornaments got broken the way these sugar infused maniacs were going through my box and in the end, it was a very cozy looking tree! I love a dressed Christmas tree!
There are no presents yet, but that's mostly because we only got one thing for the kids and us and that was a Wii. Everything else that we got for everyone else I am taking to mom's for a wrapping party as it will all be opened there. Besides, with Titus around, do you think it wise to wrap a bunch of presents and leave them enticingly under the tree??? No, I didn't think so either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment