Friday, October 31, 2008

Just another day...

Ok, so it's been very busy around here. I'm not exactly sure what all we've been doing, but I can tell you that Titus has had his share of fun.

Here he is in his favorite spot in the kitchen doing his favorite thing. Sneaking food; Pringles this time. No, he's not supposed to be there and yes, he will probably find his way back in there in the next hour or so, but for now I will seize the moment and rain on his parade, after I take the picture. Naturally.
Micah has found her favorite spot in the kitchen. She loves to just sit on the dishwasher door. I guess I would find it fun too, if I were her. The funny thing is that she will sit and "talk" to me, rambling on and on. It's very cute. We are running out of nice days to go for walks and bike rides, but there's no better time than fall to go outside for some football!!! Some of my favorite times as a kid was playing football in the fall! Sure enough, Titus made his way back to his little Atlantis of sorts. He opened the pantry door and pulled up the chair with his booster seat in it. Fortunately (for him) the open door hid him and I didn't find him until he was pretty much done. He found the hones, as you can see, and he also managed to down 2 granola bars. It was about then that I realized that I was hearing (but not totally noticing) some package crinkling and almost as if realizing for the first time, I remembered that I hadn't heard Titus for a while and the scene started to unfold in my mind. I wonder just how much honey he drank anyways.
I don't even remember what I was doing during this episode. Really, does it matter anymore? Actually, I think I was enjoying some bathroom time, but the problem was, Tim was too and no one was watching our beloved Titus as he was in our bedroom with a bottle of lotion... He got it everywhere! He must have just been squirting the bottle as he was walking through our room, because not only was it on every surface you could see, but even on some that you couldn't see (it blended nicely into my Maurice's bag). My carpet was "soft."
My dresser was "soft."My glider was "soft."My comforter and bedpost were "soft."
Even Titus' favorite Big Foot truck was "soft." I was so irritated by the end of finding all the "softness" that anything that wasn't on the floor or my bed got left right where it was. I actually ended up using some of it on the kids after their baths that night. It was still good lotion and I wasn't about to waste it! Now, lest you think our creative genius is all crazy and no cute, here is evidence that he does chill out once in a while. Strawberry Shortcake looks good on him, don't you think?
Not to be "out cuted" by her brother, Eden had to have her glasses and wanted a picture taken. I indulged her. After all, she's kids cute too.
There's more excitement to come. I am a bit behind, but don't have time to post everything, so stay tuned. I'm sure we won't disappoint!

4 comments:

Janis Reber said...

Shelly, I don't know how you seem to take all that in stride! Titus is like a little tornado, wreakig havoc and leaving a trail behind. I guess sometimes all you can do is laugh. I remember that Sharon was that way as a child. She got into some real mischief. Grandpa can tell you what all she did. And I used to have the nickname Rip, Wreck, and Ruin! Grandpa gave me that name....guess why? We all eventually grow out of the destruction stage....aren't you glad? Just hold tight. This, too, will pass. All your children are beautiful, adorable, and precious. I KNOW you're enjoying them all.

Denise said...

Shelly, I am laughing. Sorry! My mom is right, you handle it so well!

You may already know this, but the food thing is just going to get worse. Maddie and Danny are ALWAYS eating food out of the pantry--at all times of the day. It drives me nuts. I will just get back from Publix with food and they are into it, eating it all.

Also, Eden looks just like you!

Donna said...

I agree! You're so patient! I would be spanking and spanking and spanking! Maybe even beating:) Just kidding. You handle it very well.

When I saw the picture of him eating pringles, I thought he was putting them in a potty chair at first!!

Your kids are so cute!!

Dayna said...

I thought it was a potty chair too and had to look twice!! So funny! I don't know how you held it all together. Sometimes the best thing to do is just take a picture...keeps you from doing anything else! I can in once to find a whole bag of fruit loops on the floor with the culprit sitting in the middle of it eating happily. I just got the camera! Keep your head up. I also agree with Donna or maybe Denise...Eden is a little you!