Monday, October 13, 2008

County Line Apple Orchard

Our Adult Fellowship class met at the apple orchard Saturday morning with the intent to go through the corn maze. Elijah and Levi had spent the night at a friend's house for a Nacho Libre wrestling birthday party. I had the 2 sisters of the "Nacho Libre" boys at our house, so neither my boys nor my girls slept all that well Friday night. That sets the attitudinal stage for the morning.
Well, we started by going to get donuts for breakfast in the cafe area. Home made apple and pumpkin donuts...yum! Also some of their cider to wash it all down was the only way to go. So, now we have under rested children and we just charged them up with sugar. Perfect. Micah was already wanting her morning nap and we hadn't really begun our morning yet.
The other kids were just going to act goofy...the natural un-rested, sugar hyped behavior for these kids...at first. Ok, so breakfast is done and so now it's time to go buy the wristbands for the activities. I hate to say this (same song, different verse),but by the time we did the breakfast and then got to buying the wristbands for the day's activities, we saw that there was no way to pay for everyone to go to the pumpkin patch and the maze, so we were quite contented to go without the maze. It was an 8 acre maze that we would never have had energy or good attitude for!
At the pumpkin patch we had plenty of fun! The rule for the pumpkins was that if you couldn't carry it, we weren't buying it, but we did pretty good here. This was about all Eden could manage.
Elijah attempted to go for broke on his pumpkin!
Levi was the middle-sized man.The kids even picked one for Micah.
We did stop for a photo shoot...what we could muster out of our kiddos.
And then mommy and daddy had a short bit of fun!
Lovin' that man of mine!
Later on that night, we went to a wedding where we met up with John Paul and Sarah.
The happy couple. We had fun at the reception with conversation and food and dare I say a wee bit of dancing?!? If that's what you'd call what I did, then I danced, but if you were raised to believe that dancing is wrong, no matter what, then you are what they call "white, through and through." I find it difficult to dance with Tim sometimes, and that shouldn't be!!! Fortunately my husband is a bit darker on the inside than I.
Miss Sarah, here, has some moves and is getting JP to be the dancing Casanova. In fact, they stole the first dance at the party. Oops! Nikki and Bob were taking a while going around to the tables talking and so JP and Sarah ran off for a dance. I don't know if they realized that Nikki and Bob hadn't danced yet.
This isn't the best shot we took all night, but since it hasn't been emailed to me yet, this is the picture I have. Good enough! We had a good night out and boy did we need that! Our anniversary is coming up soon...November 27th and I can't wait to go out again. We had been visiting local B&B's but I'm not sure if that will be possible this year. No matter what, I can't wait to go out with my hubby and have some much needed and wanted personal time!!! What'll it be this year big daddy?

1 comment:

Donna said...

HAHAH! I'm laughing at the dancing comments! SOO Funny!! I can't dance, either. When I do, I do an overbite automatically. It's weird! I guess that's b/c we were raised that dancing is a sin. IMMORAL!