Monday, October 13, 2008

All in the matter of 45 minutes...

Ok, well, I was going to wait until I was chronologically caught up, but you've just got to send me your "aw's" and other sympathies. I need them!

In the spirit of Fall, our precious pumpkin(eater) has struck again. Titus and Levi ended up in our bed around 5 this morning. Titus went back to sleep rather fitfully, but did go back to sleep. 7am we have to get up, so I got him up and since he was dry, I decided to catch him and put him on the potty before he went in the pull up. I took him, and he went, but he screamed the entire time. Good morning to you too, Ty-ty.

Ok, well, I have to be out the door by 7:50 to get to school at a time where the boys don't have to rush in, and no later than 8 on the nose to get there on time, but perhaps a bit rushed. 7:15ish we all sit down for breakfast, which is cereal this morning. Everyone started eating rather peacefully and so I went to get Micah up so she could eat before getting out the door. I go to the gym MWF after I take the kids to school, so by the time I get home, there is no eating because it is her am nap time.

While I am upstairs I hear Eden screaming (like someone has bit her or yanked out all her hair or something important like that). Then I hear the kids yelling that Titus has dumped all Eden's cereal onto her.Now, unfortunately, this is the SECOND spill that I took a picture of. The first one, I just mentioned. I sat Titus back down to eat his breakfast but by the time I got that one wiped and cleaned up, Titus had somehow managed to pull down his own cereal onto himself. That is the picture you see. I didn't find the first one very funny, but this one just made me laugh and wonder what else this day had in store for lucky ol' me! It was only 7:30.Well, in order to prevent any other catastrophe before we got out the door, I set Titus up on the counter so I could clean up. There he is, eyeing the bag next to him which contains 5 suckers that I got from the bank drive-through. Not on your life bub! Sit and stay, for pete's sake! 7:40.

Next I went upstairs to make sure that the older kids' clothes matched before they got to school looking like hobos. Eden too, for that matter. She'd go out wearing a shirt that she has long outgrown and a corduroy skirt with flipflops. So, I'm the last one to come downstairs and what I hear on the way down is Elijah yelling at Titus for something.

Titus wanted a drink, so he poured some milk into a straw bowl (makes sense) and spilled some of that as well. Doesn't he know how expensive milk is??? I haven't even had time to get the busy boy dressed yet. It's 7:55 and we should all be in the van, but I'm not even dressed yet, so I clean Titus up, get myself dressed and am now in psycho mom mode...everyone in the van NOW! Well just because he felt like it, Titus grabbed a marker and said, "take that mom!" with his scribbles on the floor. Oh my word!!! I am about to get angry at this little 2 year old...rather than thanking God for his spirit that would otherwise make my days BORING!!! Thankfully I'm smart enough to buy washables!

Just for the record I get the kids into the van (2 in pajamas and one in his pull up) by about 10 after 8 and to school by 8:23. 8 minutes late. Aaarrrgh! Thank goodness for the gym...around an hour by myself to gather my thoughts, read the Word and take a few deep breaths. Dare I ask why I feel so tired???

6 comments:

Donna said...

AHHHHH, Shelly! I wanted to scream just reading about this! That Titus is a trip! I honestly don't see how you do it...and you make it look easy! You're a good mom:)

Josh and Deliverance said...

You ARE wondermom, aren't you! ;)

Denise said...

Oh Shelly, I hear you loud and clear! Sorry for the rough morning! It will be your decade next!

Dayna said...

Isn't it amazing how everything can fall apart so quickly?! You did good to get them there only a few minutes late. Job well done.

timandmichelle (timandshelly) said...

Wouldn't it be cool if we could participate in a fall kid swap or something?!? Much like your fall gift exchange, but to a whole different level. Any takers??? I'm sorry, did I say all that out loud?

Denise said...

You're funny Shelly!