Sunday, September 26, 2010

Da Bears

Today was Elijah's first trip to a Bears game and boy was he excited.  He got to go with Tim and then his friend Bryce and Bryce's dad, Chris.  
It was such a beautiful day that taking the train was the perfect option, because to park would cost an arm and a leg and to take the train means to walk.  Beautiful weather!
   

 These guys have been friends since Elijah was around a year old, probably earlier but I don't remember. 
 The season ticket seats that Tim gets every year are really good...10th row, I believe.  Elijah said that he could have touched the players as they came out of the tunnel, but he didn't.  Perhaps next time he will work up the nerve to give one of the "giant" men a high five.
 I asked Tim to make sure to take lots of pictures with his phone.  You know guys...they don't really think about the blogging moments or the scrapbooking needs.  Tim did great and did not disappoint!


 I think they said it was so hot that they were giving out water to everyone.  Tim's head got burned.  Darn receding hairline.



 Every game there is a freebie that gets handed out to the first so many fans.  Once Tim got a huge Miller Lite flag that had a nice sized helmet on it.  Since I didn't care to advertise beer in my 9 year old's room (or any room, for that matter), I put Mod Podge all over the front and back of that flag, cut the helmet out and stuck it on Elijah's bedroom wall instead.  It was perfect.  This time they got those flags that you stick on your car windows on game day.  I may have to re-purpose those too.  We'll see.
On Elijah's wrist is one of those towels that the players strap to their belts during a game.  That was not a freebie, per se.  He actually got this "official NFL gear" from one of the players who threw it and Elijah ended up getting it.  He was so excited that he wore it to school the next day!

There is a fan that is in the "Bear's fan's hall of fame" and his name is BearMan.  He has a full Grizzly bear skin outfit (did I word that right?) that he wears with a jersey on...he sits near the seats that Tim gets and he is at EVERY game.  That is a wow in itself.  Tim got a picture of the boys with BearMan, but the camera corrupted that file.  Boo.  Hiss.  I will try and get the one that Chris also took because it is very cool!  Don't hold your breath.

No comments: