Saturday, May 30, 2009

One month ago...

I guess it's time for a new post. I am going back about a month to some pictures partly because that's where I left off and I am the queen of catch-up and partly because I just got scolded by my SIL, Shelley, for not having anything new to read after she spent umpteen minutes trying to get connected to the internet in the first place. How disappointing! Sorry Shelley! To make it up to you, I am doing a post that will feature you...or a part of you. That should get me back on your good side! ;-)
This is Nadia. Around our house she is called Nanee (nah-nee). Micah knows how to say Nadia as plain as day but I think she prefers Nanee. Every baby Micah sees is Nanee. If she hears a cry...Nanee. You get the picture.
Well just about a month ago our sweet little Nanee (along with her mommy and daddy) left Chicago for Indonesia where they are training with New Tribes Missions agency for Bible translation. Once they learn the culture and language of Indonesia they will (once they have more support) go off into a village that [most likely] will not have a written language, come up with a language for them, teach them to read it, translate the Bible for them so that they can finally have something they can use to begin telling these people about Jesus. Exhale. This post is made of the pictures we took of their last few days with us.
Titus is generally a monster, but somehow he can muster up a lot of tenderness for Micah and Nadia. Well, at least in comparison to his natural bull in a china shop tendency.

He even mustered out this kiss...what a guy.

I loved watching Tim with Nadia...I could never tell she wasn't his own.

Micah, on the other hand knew better

and didn't always like it!

Ok, so I really wanted to get a picture of all the cousins together before Nadia went off and got "all growed up" so after they all got baths and after it was way past their bedtime I thought it would be perfect to make them all sit still for a photo session. Sorry, baby.

The next day she was having a blast in the swing even though it was a touch chilly; enough for runny noses and chubby red fingers. I miss those fingers!

Here's the clan at my mom and dad's house on Easter.

There's nothing special about this picture...I just liked it and it's my blog and I can post it if I want to!

It was a nice enough Easter day (unlike the past how many years) that we took turns on the paddle boat. Are they doing "the Titus?"

Uncle Tim, I still don't like it and now you're laughing at me...I'm gonna cry!

I love this face. It's like she's deep in thought or making a poopie. Either way, I like the shot.

Again, Micah isn't thrilled with her daddy at the moment. What gives?

Ok, so this is the day they are leaving...not even an hour before...and I catch Nadia trying to make a face at me.
I caught many stages of the face,
but never the actual face. This one was close and though it certainly didn't contain the personality she was throwing out there, it still makes for a good note to end on.
Actually, since I am featuring Nadia today, the note I want to end on is just to let whoever reads this post know that if you or anyone you know are looking to support a missionary, I am not shy about saying Phil and Shelley are someone you may want to check out. Ask us anything about them or I can just send your email out to them to get you on their mailing list. They do have a blog which is thesvobodas.blogspot.com and that will start you off at getting to know them.
I hope you enjoyed what took me hours to do. Doggone TV. How do you all keep up with your blogs? Do you have maids or something? I don't blog much because I have to wait until the kiddos are in bed and now tonight, here it is 12:17am and I am still up. Guess who's going to be nodding off in church tomorrow?!? Well I'll try not to.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Glad to see you're back:) Good catch up post, too. Nadia is so cute and so lucky to have an aunt and uncle and 5 cousins who are crazy for her!! I bet you loved having a sweet baby to take care of again!

Denise said...

She is a doll! So did you keep her for a few days? If so, you are the mom of the year! And does being around her make you want more?

I laughed at the last part of your post. NO maids here. I find time here and there to post. I just rarely have time to read other blogs or do anything online other than banking and emails.

One day Shelly, it will be our decade--all about US!

timandmichelle (timandshelly) said...

Did Nadia make me want more??? You bet. I never did get to keep her for them but Phil and Shelley were quite busy. Here's something interesting for you...we are considering looking into the foster care system.

phil and shell said...

YAY!!! thanks for posting. i even don't mind that it was all about my own baby... She's so dang cute. Miss you guys!! Please kiss the kiddos for me - We miss that fab 5.