Monday, June 1, 2009

Vacation for a day...with Daddy

Tim had to go to Michigan for a week for one of Moody's Share's (week long on-air fund raising that takes care of a year long budget) and his hotel was only a couple hours away, so mom and I drove up to see him one day after the boys got out of school just to go swimming. It was a great way to spend an evening.Eden was quite the little fish. Once she had on her floaties, she was in her own little world jumping in the pool and swimming from end to end. She loves the water!
Titus on the other hand needed a fairly long break-in period. He wasn't so sure he liked the water and wouldn't let go of me and Tim when we were holding him. Ever.

However, by the end of the night, he was a new little guy and I was so excited for him.
This little girl...I just want to eat her up, chubby thighs and all. She was so cute waddling along the side of the pool and the hot tub. She didn't mind going up and down the stairs of the pool but she was not at all fond of going out into the water. It wasn't until I blew up the floating thing she could sit in that she somewhat enjoyed herself.
This little guy started out the afternoon not too certain he even liked the idea that there was a deep end, but by the end of the night, he was having full faith in his floaties and even got the fabulous idea that he didn't need them anymore. Nice try!
Here is an example of Eden and her new found love for jumping.
Here is Titus. He is pouting, as you can see, and when Titus pouts, he completely drops his shoulders and his head and does the complete dramatic presentation of pout. If it didn't tick me off, I would think it was completely hysterical.
Watch at the beginning and you may catch the terribly ugly face he makes...he is a character indeed!
Mr funny guy here was just spending his time improving his ability to swim. He did wonderfully going back and forth the length of the pool. I was so proud of him but I still don't think he is ready to be on his own unattended just yet. He would disagree.
If I had one word to stick to this picture I would put IMP!!! Oh my word she was killing us with the arm crossing and goofy face. So darn cute. Is this how the youngest gets spoiled??? Doggone her! She's got some mad skills for sure! What she was doing here was basically dancing for her food...

The video quality is terrible, but I think you will still see the imp at work here!!!

5 comments:

Donna said...

Oh my goodness, Shelly! The first picture of Eden looks like YOU when you were little! She is your clone!

What a fun idea. I know the kids loved it. I loved all the pics, esp. of Titus pouting:)

sharon said...

Donna's right. Actually both girls look just like you. Micah has the "buda belly" you used to have. You have such beautiful children and it's no wonder!

phil and shell said...

Micah Joy!!!!! How hilarious!!!! She dances like YOU!!!!! Basically just marching in place - HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!! aw, that's cute.

sigraber said...

OH those thighs! Love them..."you go girl!!!"

Can't wait to see you guys in now 2 days! love you and be careful on your trip.

Dolly said...

Shelly, I'm just catching up with your blog and your kids are getting so big! They are so beautiful and I agree, Eden looks JUST LIKE YOU when you were that age.