"Forgive me, everyone. It has been 7 months since my last entry..."
I guess I have been more into Tim or the kids or something. I feel absolutely pooped. I don't know which end is up and don't think there is an end in sight. What mom doesn't feel that way, right?
There are no pictures this time, so I will just do my best to narrate this effectively, colorfully and quickly, though I will admit I don't feel very colorful.
Alright, here we go, and as a preface let me say that I know that what I have to say doesn't even tip the scale of "going through hard times" but for us, this is a lot all at once. Here goes.
So we have had our house for sale for 9 months with very little interest. We have the kids in Christian school and basically can't afford to keep the house and keep the kids in school, so we choose school. I did apply for a part time job at our church but after over a month, still haven't heard from them.
We lowered the price of the house a total of $30,000 and finally got someone interested in a second look. It turns out that we have what they need...a main floor master suite...a must in my opinion. The POD comes Tuesday (I'll explain later why we need a POD) and we close May 17th, though we barely have half the house packed up. Every time I get a weekend, it seems that it is taken by something else. Humphf.
The Thursday morning following the accepted offer on the house, while Tim was in Michigan for a week working, he called me at 6am to tell me that his grandma had just died. Wow! Ok, so we expected to hear that news of his granddad, but not grandma. Tim left Michigan early, came home so we could get the kids out of school early to break the news to them and then went straight to the farm. The 3 older kids and I joined Tim and his parents at the farm Saturday afternoon and stayed on through Tuesday.
Thursday morning I took the kids to school and instead of going home right away, which I ALWAYS do, I went to get some boxes from Ruthie at her work, then went to mom's for a bit and then stopped by a friends new house before going home. As I pull up to the house I see the front door is wide open. I have told the kids over and over again that I really like to keep the front door shut when we're not home and could they please remember that. As I get ready to turn into the driveway I see that the right side lite of the front door is shattered and Kevin is barking like a mad dog. Great Scott! Did someone actually break into the house?!?
So I get my front tires onto the driveway and parked it. Like a dummy, I get out to try and figure out what happened. What on earth I thought I could deduce about this break-in I cannot tell you. I figured that out fast enough when Kevin ran away from the front door barking and wouldn't come back, so I jetted back to the van to call the police. No sleuthing for me...not with 2 kids in the car.
Eventually we learn that we had some retarded burglars. They got my laptop and Tim's old work laptop but left a third [old] laptop. They took the cords to my external hard drive but left the hard drive and on top of all that, they took my computer bag with all the camera and ipod cords and headphones and such that were all in the bag. Darn them. They also took a cedar box (engraved with our anniversary date) from the top of Tim's dresser that had odds and ends in it and dumped it out upstairs in the computer room. Out of it they took 2 watches of Tim's but left several gift cards. They ended up taking my box too. I can't figure that one out. It made me mad!
After the police left and I was standing on thousands of pieces of shattered glass, the phone rings and of all times to find out I have an interview for the job at the church, it would have to be now. I am pretty sure I could audibly hear God chuckling at me!
Ok, so back to needing a POD for our belongings...upon the death of Tim's grandmother, Tim and I sort of felt led to take care of his granddad, who most of the time is healthy as an 83yr old horse, but needs someone around for the few times when he isn't. We saw that the timing of everything with the house sort of paved the way for us to move to the farm for the summer or however long is necessary to honor granddad.
There is now one little glitch that I'd love you all to pray for. Our buyer's buyer just got turned down for financing. This is not good, obviously, but we firmly believe that God is working everything out. We are mostly packed and certainly don't want to have to unpack and go back on the market, so for now we pray. And wait. And pray.
I know that was a whirlwind of info at one shot and perhaps I jumped around a bit, but that's what is going on. I do have some fun and even funny things going on, but in my current state of mind can't remember any of them, and if there is anyone left still reading this post, lengthy as it is, I wouldn't want to chance losing you now. I am in bed and I am tired. Let's hope the coffee I just drank won't keep me up. I have a garage sale at moms this weekend to get ready for and that is never fun! It's good to be back. I hope I can pick it up and keep it up fairly regularly!!!
5 comments:
I'm still with ya! I check everyday! Seems like you have so much going on though, that no one would blame you for the hiatus! Hope things go smoothly as you transition to the farm. It was nice to see you a few weeks ago! :)
WOW, wow, wow! Shelley! I am just in awe of you positive outlook right now. See, blogging is good! It is like therapy.
Okay, so I do see God working this all out too--He always does. I am so sorry Tim grandmother passed away, and good for you for feeling lead to take care of his grandfather! NOW burglar??? Goodness, I don't know what is worse--a burglar at night or in the morning??? Do you think he was watching your house and got is as soon as you left?
We finally sold our house in March, after 4 years on the market and only ONE offer. I pray this financing for you buyer works out. This is just a very tough time.
I hope you get that job too! It will all work out, it always does.
Keep us posted on how things are going. This is an exciting story!
Oh, and also, are you going to Joel's wedding? I think we are! Now that Danny has his summers off we are going to do a whole bunch of traveling! We are going to the IN state fair too! We are pumped!
Okay, I just reread my comment. I think I'm the one pooped now! I had horrible grammer in the above comment. Time to shower off the day and get in bed!
Oh, Shelly, I'm so sorry about all the "adventures" you're going through. Sometimes that's all we can call them....adventures. We all have them at different times, though. I'm just glad your house didn't get broken into while you were there. It will all work out. So sorry about Tim's grandmother. As far as the childrens school goes, I'm so glad you're sending them to a Christian school.....but I can totally see you homeschooling those kiddies. Have you ever thought of that? I think, if anyone could do that, it would be YOU, and you'd be great at it.
Well, take one day at a time. You and all your family are in my prayers each day. Keep the blogs coming. They're wonderful reading, and it lets everyone know what's going on in your lives.
I'm just now getting to read your post and I'm SO SORRY to hear about everything. I agree with Denise about your positive outlook. When it rains it pours I guess. I know everything will work out too but I'm sure there are some days when you're scratching your head and wondering why? Keep us posted with your house and job, etc.
Oh, and I think we are coming up for the wedding too so we are hoping to see you and everyone again.
Post a Comment