Monday, July 16, 2012

Speechless

Wouldn it have been fun to wait until a full year had gone by before updating the blog to life in SE Iowa? I'm so close. Moms? You say no? Hmm, well, it doesn't matter. I'm going to jump in head first with this little doozie of a post. I'll come back to fill everyone in on the Iowa details later.

We have been trying to sell our house and have had 11 showings in 3 weeks. All that time I have had some smell in the kitchen that I thought I was imagining after a while. I had cleaned and scrubbed and asked my friend over to confirm my nose's suspicions, only to find that, yes, something smells. Ok. Now that the obvious had been confirmed, I was at a loss as to what to do for showings, so I befriended Febreeze for each showing (Clearly the Febreeze is not working...our house is still for sale. That's a whole different story).

So yesterday morning I get up and reach in the pantry for some Rice Krispie knock-off and didn't feel the expected crinkly bag in the box. The bag was smooth. Odd, right?!? Well, this is what I pulled out:

 
I was speechless. How? When? Who? Perhaps most importantly, WHY??? I think at this point it will only be fruitful to be thankful for the fact that the dead animal smell has been found and buried!

 

No comments: