The kids got to see a re-enactment of how Maple Syrup was boiled down ("back in the day") to make maple sugar.
They listened rather intently to the men boiling the syrup, then they got to taste some sugar. It was different, but good!
Levi is showing Eden how he made an arrowhead out of bark, I think it is. His creativity always captivates me!
This little guy was pretty good the entire time!
They did well on posing for this picture because I told them they could jump from the ledge after I got a good one, and the ledge was 8 feet off the ground or so.
Posing for this picture almost killed them all...so it seemed!
The girls were getting crabby as evidenced by Eden's face. Good grief, all I want is a few smiling faces.
This log was Micah's "baby." Of course.
This guy is a friend of my new neighbor's and Titus was having a pouting moment. This guy stayed behind to try and console a pouty Titus, which is quite hard to do and most men would run from...especially a strange kid. It was very sweet.
Somehow he managed to get Titus to stand up and walk toward us. I wonder what he said.
Ah, but he wasn't out of his funk yet...
And he was absolutely not going to take any part of mommy's photography!!! I did eventually find out what the problem was, had to apologize to the poor guy and all was right with the universe again...just like that.
Chillin' in the gazebo. Many weddings are held in this gazebo every summer. It is a beautiful place by then!
Brothers...if only it would last...but sure enough, after I shot the picture, someone was upset with someone about something. I guess that is enough fresh air for one Spring day! We went back to my neighbor's house and had hot dogs, apple slices, carrots and celery for lunch and then played out in their yard until 4:00 that evening. Hockey, basketball, football, soccer and even rode bikes. It was such a full and fun day, and I got to know my neighbor while we were at it.
No comments:
Post a Comment